Friday, May 13, 2005

friday



This has got to be on of the most anticipated fridays I have ever had in my life. There really isn't any special reason, except that this week has been so packed with work both cleaning dorms and at the Coop, that when today - friday - hit I realize that
a) I don't work at the Coop from 5pm - 8pm today like I have been for the last three days and
b) I don't have to get up and work at the Coop all day tomorrow
What an exciting Friday.

I really do not have any complaints. I would much rather be working and working hard than not working at all. The last time I did manual labour was in Wpg and I was cleaning houses. Even though your body just takes a beating - there is nothing like the feeling of coming home just wasted because you have worked hard that day. Even though you have a million things to do when you get home those few minutes of rest that pop up randomly are sweet and pleasurable.

I really love the contrasts of life. I mean you don't really appreciate what it means to rest until you have been in a place of hardwork, termoil or unrest. You don't really know how deep love is until you have walked beside greif, you don't really understand how brilliant the light is until you have been in the darkness....

Of course that all is pretty obvious to you readers, but those types of balances that we all have to walk in life are what make life exciting, hard, interesting, wonderful, burdensome....