Saturday, May 28, 2005

distinctive



I find it remarkable that mornings have that distinctive "morning feel" about them. Regardless whether it is cool, rainy, hot, quiet, loud, or just subtle...they all have the same "air" about them.

This morning must have been the first morning all summer that I have actually risen from my bed at the time I intended too the night prior. With grand hopes I set my alarm clock falling asleep to the mantra in my head "get up when it goes off Rachel" - of course as soon as my alarm does resound with annoying beeps I (quick as lightening of course)hit the snooze button with ease and grace befitting a karate elite (which I will be one day...you wait and see)

This graceful action of hitting my snooze button naturally lasts for around an hour or so - displaying my astounding ability remain sleeping while at the same time hitting the snooze button faithfully. (this last point was proved during the school year as I had an alarm clock that went off every FOUR MINUTES - just think of the skill invovled with hitting that thing for over an hour before getting out of bed)

I was up because I had to fulfill my role as Gas Jockey. Walking to work I was blown away by the "morning"-ness of the morning. I was nearly deafened by the birds, which was odd. I mean normally they are loud - but this morning they were hollering at one another - not waiting for one to stop but rather displaying their ability to interrupt each other at will.

I have always "known" that I was to be a "morning" person. Every morning that I actually manage to be up for I know it, I feel it. It is very frustrating - especially in light of above mentioned getting up issue.

I am going to the movie Madagascar (is that how you spell it?)
I am looking forward to it - it looks like a sauna full of laughs.

(thx for stopping by Mr. SBVP - I do believe that I know who you are. Hope your summer is smashin' Ciao)